Thursday

Juice Box : Sneaker Pimps Review


The other day Sham & I decided to hit Sneaker Pimps, a sneaker-inspired event held at the Atlanta Contemporary Art museum. I guess you could say I was half skeptical and half excited about the show since I didn’t make it out last year. Not to mention, it was hosted by the notoriously whack sneaker company, K-Swiss… “I wear my k-swiss, I-wear-my-k-swiss” (LOL). The kicks varied from outlandish & x-rated, to artistic and complex. The general crowd consisted of sneaker-heads, fashionistas, and skateboarders. Even thought the rap group, Clipse, headlined the show; breakout artist Yella Wolf stole it with his Beastie-Boys meets Lil Jon style of music. The Verdict: A drawn-out synthesis of street culture, underground music and imaginative sneaker concepts.

more pics after the jump........