Sunday

Let's Talk Art $hall We...

I believe I've shared alot of my secrets here but I don't think I've ever shared my addiction to art. Since I took that art class last semester I have this urge to start collecting art-one day to I hope to have a private collection and gallery-"Yes We Can". I want some of the worlds most expensive pieces shown so here are my top three.

Garçon à la pipeArtist: Pablo Picasso

"Owned by the estate of John Hay Whitney, on May 5, 2004 it sold for $US104.1 million at an auction in Sotheby’s in New York City, after having been given a pre-sale estimate of $70 million by the auction house. Many art critics have stated that the painting’s high sale price has much more to do with the artist’s name than with the merit or historical importance of the painting."

Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I
Artist: Gustav Klimt

"Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I is a painting by Gustav Klimt completed in 1907. According to press reports it was sold for US$135 million to Ronald Lauder for his Neue Galerie in New York City in June 2006, which would make it at that time the most expensive painting ever sold."

Woman III Artist: Willem de Kooning

"Woman III is a painting by abstract expressionist painter Willem de Kooning. Woman III is one of 6 paintings by Kooning in which the central theme was a woman. It measures 68 by 48 1/2 inches and was completed in 1953. In November 2006, the painting was sold by David Geffen to billionare Steven A. Cohen for $137.5 million, making it the second most expensive painting ever sold."

m a r q u i s . p h i f e r