Thursday

The Scent of Two G's

Im a fragrance whore, I love perfumes; Hermes D' Orange Vert & Double Black is my choice of drug at the moment. The Hermes joint is very summer, it's light and crisp while Double is more of a nighttime scent if you will. So I always like to switch fragrances each season, I believe it's too many out there to just stick with the same 'ole. I decided to shop for scents, I never buy the same day, always few days later to see how the scent changes. I made my way to my personal shopper at Neiman Marcus, I tip in ofcourse, shades on and man bag in full effect.

She takes me in the private room where she has pulled clothes ( which I did not ask for ) and showed me every bottle in the house, ofcourse at this point it's overwhelming. I see this one bottle, decked down, almost like a bottle wearing an Oscar De La Renta ballgown, I proceed-pass me her, her right there. The Clive Christian? yes that whatever....catch this gag, I fall in love with it, me not knowing-bag her. Mr. Phifer that will be $2,350.00-I begin to look as if I only speak spanish, you know that "I don't speak english" look.

She says-as if she was reading from a card- "the fragrance has notes of bergamot, lime, Sicilian mandarin, cardamom, nutmeg, and thyme. It has lily of the valley, rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, and heliotrope. Cedarwood, sandalwood, vetiver, ambery woods, and vanilla. In this 1-ounce, handmade crystal bottle with a sparkling brilliant-cut white diamond on front."

At this point you can already picture my facial expression- girl what?-for 2 grand Beyonce better be in that bottle ready to give me a performance.

Girl show me something else.

m a r q u i s . p h i f e r