Tuesday

Paris Fashion Week: Christian Dior 2008

I know Christian Dior is smiling and patting himself on the back in his own grave for selecting Galliano to be his predecessor. Galliano has come a long way, but I feel that he has carried the label to heights he probably didn't imagine would happen. From his couture to the ready-to-wear, he never ceases to amaze me. This year in Paris I feel as though he grabbed inspiration from the socialites and first wives during the "Jackie-O" era. The big hair, drag-queen makeup, and the gaudy accessories led my thoughts right back to the days of a more glamorous and confident first lady that we wanted to see in Mrs. Kennedy.
Looking at this made me think right back to his couture line! Doesn't it?! I mean I'm guessing it's the color usage and bright makeup but nonetheless I adore it. What I love about Galliano is that he has a stamp. He stamps every single piece of his and let's you know that it is his. I can look at almost anything he does and off the back I would know Galliano had some kind of play with it. That's more than likely the reason why I see so much of his "couture" touch in his ready-to-wear line. The exaggeration in that gown is all too couture in my book! I live for it anyway! This line pops from the big hats, gloves, bags, and I even appreciate how he threw in the blacks & whites amongst ALL the color.... Galliano I applaud you!

((....now pass me my Galliano))

iCON :)