Tuesday

Milan Fashion Week: Iceberg Fall/Autumn 2008

My good friend Andre' Micheal had my inbox loaded with messages telling me to check out the ruckus that Iceberg's latest collection has been causing. When I was reading his messages I thought to myself "Iceberg?" Isn't that the label I used to wear in middle school with all the animated/cartoon prints on them?! Yes, it was... but let me be the first to say... it's had a MAJOR upgrade! As I browsed through the looks I was blown away with what they presented. The ultra-fems stormed the runway in very serious make-up and their tresses pulled tightly off their face for that cat-like feel!
It was disgusting how much I was loving these stupid blondes and brunettes as they passed on the catwalk.Having a reputation for producing street wear in a high end spectrum means that the house had the ability to produce a collection that mixes street level experiments, with high end attention to detail and fabrics. The biggest surprise this season was in it's knitwear, braids of huge knitted ropes circled necks like an exaggerated gold chain and gave an edge to this season's biggest trend of sweater dressing. It was sickening.
When I saw the "cat-woman" ski mask... I SCREAMED.. because if you're a daily reader of LB, I posted the Timbaland -"SCREAM" video last week and in the vid, Keri Hilson and Nicole Scherzinger were rocking like full ski masks! I was living because this gave me the same tease! The huge fur jackets and dramatic sleeves took me in! There is nothing like an exaggerated sleeve and neck! Of course our girl Chanel Iman stormed the runway with a MUG that sits from here to Taiwan! She is EVERYTHING... & EVERYWHERE!
There has always been an element of animation with Iceberg, it was was once designed by Castelbajac and that spirit of humor and reverence for pop culture continues to be part of the brand's main identity. Iceberg rocked my box with this. I absolutely loooooooved the serious animation that they gave this collection, and it catapulted them (in my mind) to a higher, and better place in this industry! Let's hope this continues to keep them on their toes over in their camp so we can be blown away time after time! I looove you... AGAIN.... Iceberg!!!!

((...thanks Andre!))

iCON :)