Thursday

Audience.

Photo: International Velvet with Andy Warhol, Stephen Shore, 1965-1967

Ok so I get tons of emails daily from all types of people and backgrounds with questions of "how to dress" to " how to build self-confidence/swagg". What I've realized is that Im a person that you either LOVE or HATE, there is NO INBETWEEN. Some say I have too much sass, some say Im over confident and cocky but if you ever get the chance to know me you will walk away from our friendship with a certain presumptuousness of excessive belief. Im guessing certain people use myself as a model of how to become that "power driven no time for bullshit" person. Since it's not a phase, it's the way I was raised I only know one way. Here comes the "she needs your help". So I get this email from this young lady and Im not sure I can help her.

Her email,

"Ok, so I've been reading your blog for a while now and I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your wit. But that is not the reason I've written you. Because I've been reading your blog, I've mad quite a few changes in my life, i.e. eating habits, dressing differently, and so forth. However, I've found that with these changes comes attention from people in a way that I'm not used to or comfortable with so much so that I've gone back to drab. What kind of look would you recommend for a girl that wants to be fashionable, but doesn't feel comfortable with being approached. I'd love to look nice, and it's not that I show any of my body in an improper manner, I guess I'm just not used to it.

I know you're probably pretty busy, and you don't know me from Adam, but I'd really like some help.

Your dedicated Reader,
Miridia
"

Honestly Im not really sure where I come in at because my genetic make up made me who I am. Meaning I only know how to be one way--self assured and awareness of self. I can't tell you how to perform without an audience. I don't think that's even possible. If you're onstage people are going to watch, it's when they stop watching you should begin to worry.

Any thoughts on this?

MP