Sunday

Cake.


Title: Dollar Sign, 1981
Artist: Andy Warhol

So as I was playing in my hair I was thinking, Marquis what do you want to do with yourself. Im good at so many things which can sometimes hurt more than help. Do I want to run my own magazine? I've done my research ( which is key ) and the publication industry is at a low due to the quickness of the internet and blogs. Most magazines that are still around are big names like Vogue, GQ, Vanity Fair, Esquire, Ebony ( yes every black family gets that last one ) but newer publications fail. So I guess that's out the door. I think most people my age are unsure of what they want to do. So many kids are influenced by pop culture where they get blinded of what their true talents are. Because you like fashion you think that's suppose to be your industry? Im about to put some of you on some game. Most of the people I know that actually wear those big names are not in the fashion industry. It's a difference between being a fan and a consumer. It seems like so many people are living their lives from what they see on t.v. and movies.

After The Devil Wears Prada came out so many girls wanted to become an intern at a magazine...and Im still trying to figure out why? It's not that chic. Nobody wants to study and research their craft anymore, we want it now and fast like the movies. But after reading numerous of books ( not ) I realized that you have to do what you're good at, something you wouldn't mind doing for free because you love it. That's a sign. For me my obvious talents are, Creative Directing ( Director ), Photography, Image and Brand Consultanting, but people are telling me there's more. Once you find out your true talents you can then start your research and the molding of your career. Figuring out what you want to become is one of the hardest things, only a few actually do what they love and get paid for it. You'll never reach your destination if you're on the wrong plane.

MP